My unrelated “blond phase” couple was born in October/November 2012. I bought them in March 2013.
January – March 2022:
The adult snakes go into winter-rest from November until March.
- Early October 2021; last feeding
- Early November; heating off. Temperature down to 18 degrees Celsius
- Late December; into winter-rest in a small (darkened) terrarium at a temperature of 10-13 degrees Celsius.
- Mid January; temperature back to 18 degrees.
- First of March; heating on. Temperature back to normal.
- March 9; first feeding
April – June 2022:
I keep my snakes in separate terrariums and only put them together during the mating season.
- Male introduced to the female from May 31 until June 20
- Mating (attempts) observed on four occasions.
- Male again introduced from June 24 until July 3
- One mating observed
I decided to put my offspring 2021 on sale.
July – September 2022:
After being separated from the male the female accepted food twice.
- Her last meal (two adult mice) was on July 2.
- July 25 (56 days after the first mating) she laid 11 eggs in a box with moist sphagnum (that’s what caused the brown markings). The size of the eggs is approximately 4,4 * 3,5 cm.
- The eggs are inside the incubator at a temperature of 29 degrees Celsius.
- The incubation-period is about 78 days. Juveniles should hatch around October 11.